Thursday, November 4, 2010

Minimum Skills Test Part 1

Uuuuuuuuh.  I'm so nervous and tired!  The first part of minimum skills testing (see Appendix A if you're curious) is tonight for the last third of the girls who have been at bootcamp so far.  I'm not sure whether it's good or bad to have to wait 'til now to test (extra time to squeeze in practice, but extra time to worry too).

A bunch of us went to adult skate night this week to brush up, and got scolded like naughty children.  (We were doing stuff we weren't supposed to apparently).  It made me feel a little better, because I got more time on my skates, and more time with my new wheels.  Plus, we went for drinks after, which was fun.  We were all really nervous about testing, and it was good to get together and vent.

I'm still worried about my T-stops, and after the extreme failure from my crappy wheels last time we tried the 5 minute test, I'm not entirely confident about that part either.  Hopefully I'll do well enough on everything else that the few things I'm not as good at won't keep me off the team.

I know I've only been in derby for a 6 weeks or so, but it has become a part of who I want to be.  If I don't make it, I'll still be as involved as possible, but it just won't be the same.  I'm in the best shape I've been in since high school, I've made a lot of awesome friends, and I'm just not ready to give that all up.

I don't want this to be my last derby bruise!

I guess rather than worrying, I should strap on my skates and practice my T-stops for a while.  At least that way I'll feel like I'm doing something.  Hopefully my wood floors will forgive me from using them like a roller rink.

No comments:

Post a Comment